“I’m proud to ensure my clients voices are heard.”
Office: EMP Law
426 Old Salem Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Joe has experience in a range of legal settings, having worked as a sole practitioner, in the United States Senate, the United States Attorney office in Raleigh, and the North Carolina Utilities Commission.
Joe is fluent in Spanish and works extensively with the Latino community in and around Forsyth County.
Prior to law school, Joe worked for more than three years with the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary. He assisted the Committee with the reauthorization of important criminal and civil legislation, the nominations of three Supreme Court Justices, and the nomination of the Attorney General of the United States.
An Eagle Scout, Joe has been actively involved in scouting for many years and has been a merit badge counselor for a local troop.
North Carolina Bar
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A.
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- Forsyth County Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers Association (2010 President, 2011 Vice President)
- North Carolina Bar Association (Immigration Law Committee)
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice (Vice Chair, Hispanic and Latino Legal Issues Division, Past Membership Co-chair, Criminal Defense Section)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (Federal Court Litigation Section, Pro Bono and DREAM Defenders)